Monday, October 15, 2012

20 TWENTY CRICKET AND HINDU BHJHAN



Imagine a 20-20 cricket match that awaits a result from 2 balls. The runs to be scored are 5.The home crowd is set ablaze. They transform their desire to the batsman on the crease and immediately the batsman is awakened and he does the magic: the team wins.

The scene is shifted to a spiritual Bhajan-chanting of Hindus where they sing the praise of the Lord to their heart’s elate. Here, too, a transformation takes place, not from a person to another;it is rather intra-personal- an internal transformation: he awakens his own self ie.the Bhajan awakens the God consciousness in the singer.
Bjajan is a good opportunity for a common man to awaken his deep lying divinity and feel the bliss-SATCHITANANDAM free of cost.

Bhajan is not a trade between God and man: ‘Oh Almighty, if you give me this,  I shall believe in your greatness and you shall be worshipped.’ The Bhajan helps us to realize the oneness- consciousness that is spread among various creatures through a single thread.

The Hindu-wise men are trained to feel the same bliss by means of meditation, karma and realizing and experiencing the scriptural injunctions.

When we raise ourselves to the higher-consciousness, we become spiritual beings and when we lower ourselves to the material world we become human beings.
When the spirit within us is uplifted we realize the eternity. This is the realization of the Mahavakyas:
Aham Brahmasmi(I am God consciousness),
Tatvamasi (You are what you are searching),
Pranjanam Bramha(You are Consciousness) and 
Ayamathma Brahma(you are Brahma –God consciousness).


1 comment:

Unknown said...


I am a cricketer basically.Perhaps cricket is the only thing I understand.
Somehow I knew that hinduism is beyond worshipping.As a cricketer I understand this post in my own ways.I am not sure whether I really understood the writer.Any how,thanks.I am going to read about Hinduism