Saturday, October 13, 2012

LOVE OF PRAHALADHA AND THE LOVE OF JESUS




TATVAMASI AND JESUS

PRAHALADHA’S LOVE IS FAR MORE GREATER THAN THE LOVE OF JESUS
Long,long ago, much long before Jesus and Mohammed existed, there lived a Hindu called Prahaladha in India.
Once God appeared to him during his penance and agreed to grant him a boon par excellent.
“You may ask for any boon which may be granted right now”, said the Lord.
Prahaladha said, “Dear Lord, I have no desire for worldly pleasures, as you know, but still I would like a boon to be granted.”
Lord said,” Dear man, the boon is granted before you asked for it.”
What was the boon that Prahaladha demanded?
He asked God not to punish his enemies on any account.
Then Prahaladha went far ahead of Jesus and said to God,
“Lord by punishing my enemies, you are punishing ‘Your Self ’, for verily You abide in my enemies, too”.Tatvamasi.

When I was a boy, on couple of occasion, I had expressed my resentment over somebody in the presence of my father.
“I hate that boy as he is very arrogant”
“I don’t like my teacher because he often threatens me.”
On both occasion my father retorted,”Remember, God loves him.”
I handed over this ‘tradition’ of non-hatred to my son as well to my disciples. Whenever I utter “God loves your enemy, they hear it with a shock, and a deadly silence would prevail for seconds.
I learnt the art of non-hatred not from Jesus, but from my father who in turn acquired it from my great, great grandfathers. Tatvamasi.

Tatvamasi is the Hindu Definition of Love
Long before the birth of Jesus, there lived many a Kings in India, the land of Spirituality, who willingly gave up their Kingdoms for the search of the Spirit.
In Israel, Jesus asked the Jews to renounce their wealth and follow him, but hardly did a rich follow him since their love for Matter was more ardent than for the Spirit.
In India nobody was enrolled to give up their wealth in Jesus-style, but many did on their own accord, and followed the path of Spirit. Those people were their own masters and waited none to command them in the path of spirit.
Hindus need no teachers because all the knowledge is readily available in them. What they need to do is only to uncover the knowledge and become a teacher like Jesus for the very SELF.Tatvamasi

1 comment:

becoming conscious said...

When you are comparing Prahlad with Jesus ,as to who first came , you are no better , love compassion forgiveness gratitude the hallmarks of Spirituality know no time or space. Great people come and go reminding us of the beauty of spirituality. Thank you Tatwamasi